Let Monastery Stays make your European adventure one to remember
www.monasterystays.com is a trusted accommodation booking service for monastery guest houses across Italy, Austria and Slovenia.
Travelling overseas can be a daunting experience. Whether it’s your first trip or your tenth, travelling solo or with a group, there are so many things to think about and plan to ensure you get the best out of your time away.
One of the most important things to organise is your accommodation. Hopping between cities, spending all day sightseeing and moving around can be exhilarating, but exhausting. Having a safe, quiet place to rest your head at night should be a top priority for travellers.
Advantages of monastery accommodation
- Safe and secure – you will find most guest houses – especially those in large cities – behind a locked gate and/or heavy wooden door. Access can be with your own key or staff will ‘buzz’ you in. Different to a lot of hotels where you can walk straight past reception, Monastery Stays venues will generally only allow in guests.
- Central locations – in popular destinations such as Rome, Florence and Venice, you can find guest houses in busy areas in the heart of the city. Safe locations in popular areas of cities which are well lit at night, making your path home after dinner easy.
- Private rooms, private bathrooms – you will never be asked to share a room with other guests you are not travelling with.
- Dining – if you’d prefer to stay at your guest house in the evening, a large number of venues have a dining room where you can order meals. Have your dinner prepared using fresh, local ingredients – outstanding, authentic dishes!
- Local advice – friendly, hospitable nuns and monks with so much local knowledge to offer. Recommendations for attractions and restaurants, directions and public transport tips. If you’re not sure, ask one of your kind hosts and they will be more than happy to guide you.
Central options across Italy
With plenty of local knowledge ourselves, Monastery Stays can recommend the right venue for you!
If you are visiting Florence, you could use Casa per Ferie Suore Oblate dell’Assunzione – Borgo Pinti (TOF105) is an ideal base to explore the city. Guests will find themselves in the heart of Florence, with the iconic duomo a short walk away.
In Venice, experience a Monastery Stays in the perfectly located Istituto San Giuseppe (VEV114). Attractions, cafes and restaurants abound in the area, not to mention the world famous St. Mark’s Square!