Summary of key points about Monastery Stays Booking Service
Key Points about using Monastery Stays
These Key Points outline Monastery Stays booking service and should be read in conjunction with the comprehensive FAQs and the Customer Terms and Conditions of booking - Click here to read
- Monastery Stays is the booking service for genuine monastery and convent guest houses. Guest houses listed on the booking service are safe, good value lodgings, owned and/or operated by a religious Order. Rooms are booked with private bathrooms and usually include breakfast ...read more.
- Prices are shown in the 'Stay Details' section of every guest house Overview page once you 'Select your Dates'.
All Prices shown on the website are per room per night including the Monastery Room Rate and Monastery Stays Booking Fee. So what you see is the total with no extras to be added ...read more.
- You Search accommodation Preferences you would like Monastery Stays to book for you, selecting them via 'Add to Plan', thereby creating a Travel Plan.
For each Stay on your Travel Plan we provide tips as to the number of Preferences to provide. In city locations and busy periods such as European summer holidays (June to October) and key festivals (Easter) this will ensure the greatest chance of success in obtaining a booking for you without having to ask you for a new Travel Plan with additional Preferences.
You can Save your Travel Plan for progressive planning.
- When ready to book you complete the Travel Plan Pay Now Authorisation to submit the Travel Plan to Monastery Stays booking service ...read more.
- The up to date Search and Travel Plan system is provided for booking, we are not able process bookings or availability enquiries through email. When you are ready to book, please submit a Travel Plan. Please understand that this allows us to work efficiently with a large number of plans and keep all transactions correct with both you our customer and the monastery or convent guest house we are booking on your behalf ...read more.
- The Travel Plan Pay Now Authorisation is explained here.
- The Travel Plan Pay Now Authorisation acknowledges the Customer Terms and Conditions of booking Click here to read, including the Cancellation Policy Click here to read
- The Travel Plan Authorisation is completed via the secure e-commerce gateway provided by PayPal and accepts credit and debit cards, you can use but do not have to have a PayPal account ...read more.
- Each monastery or convent guest house is not linked to hi tech on-line booking systems, so we need to contact each one directly on your behalf, following established processes that understand each house's policies and procedures. Our processes are quality assured and conducted by skilled and trained linguists.
If your first Preference is not available, we move to the next and so on until we either source a booking or exhaust all Preferences provided for a Stay.
We process all Stays on your Travel Plan before completing it to you, so you can build a Travel Plan with one Stay or several.
No Booking = No Charge : when you are ready to book, this is a simple to use system, with no risk to you.
You either get a booking at a guest house from the Preferences authorised on your Travel Plan or you get that authorisation released and can try again ...read more.
- Book Early - popular cities and venues book months in advance and please allow at least a business day to process your Travel Plan.
- Upon confirmation you are charged the Pay Now component of the Total Cost specific to the confirmed Preference(s). The Travel Plan Authorisation is released ...read more.
The Pay Later component of the Total Cost is the balance payable at the accommodation.
You are provided with a complete bilingual Booking Information Package for your confirmed booking, including Letter(s) of Introduction for checkin, Fact Sheet(s) Map(s) & Receipt.
- You will receive independent verification of transactions via email from Monastery Stays and PayPal. Check your email filters and 'safe-address' lists to ensure our communications reach you. If in doubt Contact Us ...read more.
- You can access all 'Saved', 'In Processing' and 'Completed' Travel Plan Bookings by logging in here:
Use your Email Address as supplied to Save or in the Travel Plan Authorisation
Use your Travel Plan ID as found in the authorisation email
Back to Top Customer Terms and Conditions
By completing the Travel Plan Authorisation, you ('the Customer') understand and accept the following terms and conditions of the booking service provided by www.monasterystays.com ('Monastery Stays'),
1. A Travel Plan is the accommodation requirement configured by the Customer on www.monasterystays.com, grouping Preferences by Stay. Each Preference has a:
||Price x Number of Nights
||Amount paid upon booking of the confirmed Preference
||Balance (Total - Pay Now) paid at the Preference at check-in
||Pay Now + Pay Later
- Number of Nights is defined by your Arrive and Depart dates per Stay on the Plan.
- Price for a Preference is quoted per room per night, including Monastery Room Rate and Monastery Stays Booking Fee.
- Pay Now is Monastery Stays Booking Fee & Deposit if required by the Preference.
- Pay Later is the balance (Total Cost - Pay Now) paid at the confirmed Preference at checkin.
2. Completion of the Travel Plan Authorisation, is the acceptance of these Customer Terms and Conditions and the authorisation transaction via the secure PayPal e-commerce payment gateway / bank transfer (groups), submits the Travel Plan to Monastery Stays for booking.
3. Completion of the Travel Plan Authorisation is advised to the Customer in the 'Order Details' instruction within the email issued to the address provided in the secure PayPal e-commerce payment gateway. The same instruction is provided on the Important Information screen at www.monasterystays.com after completing the authorisation transaction via the secure e-commerce payment gateway. If the Travel Plan Authorisation is completed by bank transfer, the Customer will be advised upon the receipt of cleared funds, via the Messages section of the Travel Plan.
The authorisation transaction completed via the PayPal e-commerce payment gateway is held securely and is not charged until confirmation of a Preference per Stay.
4. The Customer is provided with access to their Travel Plan(s) via the Customer My Plans console at www.monasterystays.com. The Customer must contact Monastery Stays if they are unable to access their Customer My Plans console. Monastery Stays can not be held responsible for emails not received due to internet processes beyond it's control - ensure the domains monasterystays.com and paypal.com are not blocked by your internet or email service provider.
5. Monastery Stays acts for the Customer to book the first available Preference from each Stay on the Travel Plan.
If Monastery Stays is advised in the booking process of the Travel Plan that the Price and therefore Total Cost for an available Preference is different to that authorised by the Customer, Monastery Stays will contact the Customer to give due notification and request the Customer's instruction with respect to the Preference.
The Customer can instruct Monastery Stays to add or adjust Preferences on a Stay via the Customer My Plans console.
6. Monastery Stays receives a payment from the Customer for the provision of the Monastery Stays booking service, per confirmed booking of a Preference. The amount is part of the Price, not additional.
7. Completion of processing of the Travel Plan is advised to the Customer by email issued to the address provided in the secure PayPal e-commerce payment gateway. The booking result for the Travel Plan will also be shown in the Customer My Plans console.
Travel Plan Processing takes from 1 - 72 hours as advised on Submit.
8. The Customer is provided with a Booking Information Package via the Customer My Plans console.
9. The Customer may be required to also complete a credit card security form directly to the confirmed Preference for a booking made by Monastery Stays.
This is advised on the Checkout screen prior to completing the Travel Plan Authorisation:
This guest house may also request completion of a credit card security document,
if booked your Booking Information Package will include a form for you to complete and send.
The Customer is responsible for completion of this process by way of the Client Confirmation Advice provided in the Booking Information Package for the confirmed Preference. The Client Confirmation Advice is part of the booked Preference's booking policy and is facilitated by Monastery Stays.
Failure to complete the Client Confirmation Advice may result in loss of a confirmed booking. Monastery Stays is not liable for the Customers failure to complete this requirement.
10. If a Preference can not be confirmed for a Stay, there is no charge. Monastery Stays may contact the Customer via the Customer My Plans console with alternative options. If there is no booking completed, the Pay Now authorisation per unconfirmed Stay is cancelled and returned to the Customer.
The Pay Now amount (Paid) is non-refundable for a confirmed booking. We strongly advise that the Customer have a travel insurance policy coverage for the non-refundable Pay Now (Paid) amount in the event that the Customer has cause to cancel a confirmed booking.
Cancellation includes a Reduction of Rooms or Nights for a confirmed booking. For a Reduction of Rooms or Nights - calculate the new/revised Stay as per the Travel Plan at www.monasterystays.com; the new/revised Stay will be documented in your updated Booking Information Package. The difference in the Pay Now amount between the original Stay and the new/revised Stay is defined as the Post Confirmation Amendment in the Booking Information Package. The Post Confirmation Amendment is not refundable.
Reduction of Rooms or Nights or Cancellation of a confirmed booking at or within seven (7) days of the Arrive date (including non-arrival), the Customer will be charged an additional Late Cancellation Fee equal to one (1) night of the Pay Later amount. The Late Cancellation Fee is part compensation to the Monastery for the room(s) unoccupied. The Late Cancellation Fee is invoiced by Monastery Stays on behalf of the Monastery using the secure e-commerce gateway; settlement is required within 5 business days of the date of issue. Payment of the Late Cancellation Fee will be receipted in the Booking Information Package.
Cancellation of a Group Booking (10+ guests) within 30 days of the Arrive date will incur a Late Cancellation Fee equal to one (1) night of the Pay Later amount. The Late Cancellation Fee is part compensation to the Monastery for the room(s) unoccupied. The Late Cancellation Fee is invoiced by Monastery Stays on behalf of the Monastery using the secure e-commerce gateway; settlement is required within 5 business days of the date of issue. Payment of the Late Cancellation Fee will be receipted in the Booking Information Package.
Cancellation while at the guest house, settlement of the Balance Payable at the Accommodation is at the instruction of the guest house Director.
Group Bookings (10+) should complete the Group Booking Enquiry Form to discuss terms for their booking requirements.
12. Monastery Stays makes its best efforts to ensure that the information available on its website is accurate. However, Monastery Stays cannot and does not guarantee that the site is free from errors or faults.
13. Monastery Stays does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information published on the site at any time.
14. Monastery Stays does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use of or connected with its website or for any services purchased from its website.
15. Monastery Stays displays venue details and information to the best of its ability and is based on diligent research. Monastery Stays makes no warranty or representation about the fitness or suitability of any venue displayed on its website.
16. Monastery Stays transacts with group organisers and/or their agents and details its policy and additional terms and conditions in respect of groups here.
17. Monastery Stays services are commissionable to travel agents registered to work with Monastery Stays, except where the Group Terms and Conditions apply. Specific, additional Terms and Conditions for Travel Agents registered with Monastery Stays are available here.
18. Monastery Stays advises that the Customer should read the Frequently Asked Questions as they pertain to a booking.
19. Monastery Stays is not a travel agent as it does not supply any form of transport products.
20. You must be at least 18 years of age to book on Monastery Stays.
21. Force Majeure - Monastery Stays shall not be liable in any way to the passenger for death, injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to the person or property or Monastery Stays failure to perform any of its obligations caused by Act of God, war or warlike operations, terrorist activities, civil commotions, labor difficulties, whether or not Monastery Stays is a party, interference by authorities, requisitions of any transport, political disturbance, inability to secure or failure of supplies, perils of the sea, ground or air transport, collisions, breakdown of machinery, accident of any transport, fire or any other cause of whatsoever nature beyond the reasonable control of Monastery Stays ('force majeure events').
22. These Terms and Conditions do not affect consumers' statutory rights.
In these Terms and Conditions, these terms have the following meaning:
'Customer' - you
'Monastery Stays' - www.monasterystays.com - Monastery Stays Pty Ltd ABN 48 075 875 133
'Travel Plan' - the accommodation requirement configured by the Customer on www.monasterystays.com
'Travel Plan Authorisation' - the process of accepting these Customer Terms and Conditions and completing the authorisation transaction via the secure PayPal e-commerce payment gateway or bank transfer to submit a Travel Plan to Monastery Stays for booking.
'Stay' - Arrive and Depart dates grouping Preference(s) each with a room configuration on a Travel Plan.
'Preference' - a three (3) letter, three (3) digit identification code for a Monastery, as shown on www.monasterystays.com
'Monastery' - venue shown on www.monasterystays.com .
'Price' - the room charge for booking a Preference on www.monasterystays.com is per Room per Night, including Monastery Room Rate and Monastery Stays Booking Fee.
Back to Top Travel Agent Terms and Conditions
By registering for an Account ('Travel Agent Console') with Monastery Stays, you ('the Agent') understand and accept the following terms and conditions of the Booking and Advertising services provided by www.monasterystays.com ('Monastery Stays').
1. Monastery Stays and the Agent are independent and are not legal partners.
2. The Agent's registration for an Account with Monastery Stays is for the express purpose of providing their services as a Travel Agent to persons in booking Travel Plans through Monastery Stays. The Agent supplies their registration information for the express purpose and understands the Monastery Stays Privacy and Security Policy which applies.
3. The Agent is solely responsible for all Account content. The Agent represents and warrants that all Account content is complete, correct and current and will not violate or encourage violation of any applicable laws, regulations, code of conduct, or third party rights. Violation may result in immediate termination of the Agent Account with Monastery Stays without notice and may subject the Agent to legal penalties and consequences. The Agent indemnifies Monastery Stays from any third party claim or liability arising from errors or omissions in the Account content. The Agent will contact Monastery Stays immediately it becomes aware of any Account content requiring amendment.
3. The Account is provided for the fee explained on submission of the registration. Monastery Stays reserves the right to alter this fee from time to time.
4. Monastery Stays reserves the right to accept the Agent's Account and/or grant ancillary services on that Account and will email the Agent with notification of any amendments or further information required to accept; or refusal to accept the Agent's Account.
5. Acceptance of a registration for an Agent Account with Monastery Stays allows the Agent access to their Travel Agent Console on www.monasterystays.com.
6. Acceptance of a registration for an Agent Account with Monastery Stays allows the Agent access to Advertising on www.monasterystays.com and as such, additional information appended to the Account in submission of Advertising and acceptance of Advertising on www.monasterystays.com is subject to these Terms.
7. Advertising is available only to Agents who provide physical accessibility to Travel Agent services. Agents who provide only online Travel Agent services are not eligible for Advertising. Agent Account information will be assessed for Advertising acceptance.
8. Advertising is provided for the express purpose of referring persons requiring Travel Agent services in booking Travel Plans on www.monasterystays.com. Monastery Stays will audit that Agents are providing such services to referrals and reserves the right to suspend and or cancel a Agent Account in the event of breach of the express purpose.
9. Monastery Stays makes no warranty or representation of the referrals received by the Agent and the Agent makes no claim of Monastery Stays with respect to the referrals received.
10. Agents shall indemnify and defend Monastery Stays from any third party claim or liability arising from the Agents use of www.monasterystays.com.
11. Monastery Stays may modify the website or these Terms and Conditions at any time without liability and your use of www.monasterystays.com after notice that these Terms and Conditions have changed indicates acceptance of the Terms.
12. The Agent may cancel their Account or Advertising independently by email instruction to Monastery Stays. Monastery Stays will remove the Account or Advertising from www.monasterystays.com as soon as possible.
Terms governing Bookings
13. The Agent warrants that they shall read, understand and represent Monastery Stays to the person(s) using the Agent's services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the detail supplied at www.monasterystays.com; including but not limited to, all Preferences accessible for booking and booking support material supplied in the FAQs
14. The Agent submits Preference(s) for booking in the format of a Travel Plan through their Travel Agents Console, accessible to an approved Account on the System. No other booking process is accepted.
15. Monastery Stays provides it's booking services to the Agent, as its Customer and as such the Customer Terms & Conditions apply jointly to the Agent and the person(s) using the Agent's services.
16. Monastery Stays only works with Agents through the details shown in the Account, as such it is the Agent's responsibility to ensure the accurate maintenance of this detail.
17. A Travel Plan submitted online through the Travel Agents Console is processed in accordance with the Customer Terms & Conditions.
18. For a confirmed Travel Plan, Monastery Stays will pay the Agent a Commission. The Commission rate is currently equal to 1.0%-7.5% of the Total Cost of Accommodation for the confirmed Preference(s) as shown in the Travel Plan.
- The Commission will be 1.0 - 3% for confirmed Stays where any of the following apply:
- 10 or more guests (including across arrival/departure dates).
- Rome/Vatican during Consistory/Beatification/Canonisation ceremonies or +/- 1 week of Easter Sunday
- The following guest houses:
|Residenza Madri Pie Roma (LAR113)||Casa Santa Maria alle Fornaci (LAR115)|
|Casa di Santa Brigida - Piazza Farnese (LAR133)||Casa di Santa Francesca Romana a Ponte Rotto (LAR148)|
|Casa per Ferie Centro Santa Giovanna Antida (LAR150)
||Casa Bonus Pastor (LAR165)|
|Palazzo Cardinal Cesi (LAR206)||Casa Maria Immacolata (LAR210)|
|Casa Santa Lucia Filippini (LAR254)||Villa Irlanda (LAR258)|
|Casa per Ferie I Cappuccini (LAR259)||Villa Adriana (LIM110)|
|Casa per Ferie Betania (TOC101)||Villa Santa Margherita (TOC106)|
|Florence guest houses (TOF)||Venice guest houses (VEV)Â |
|The Garda Family House (VEC113)||Â |
Commissions do not apply to one night bookings.
Commissions to Travel Agents and Group Discounts (click) are not combined.
Terms current as at 1 June 2018
Monastery Stays reserves the right to amend the Commission rate from time to time and these terms and conditions are notice thereof.
19. The Commission is paid according to the instruction provided by the Agent on submission of the Travel Plan.
20. Booking changes on Travel Plans submitted through the Travel Agents Console are processed as if new bookings and the Pay Now variance (increase or decrease) is reconciled against the corresponding Commission (increase or decrease). In the situation of a group booking (greater than 10 guests), this is to a minimum of ten guests. This fair, transparent and reconciled process ensures the confirmed Travel Plan reconciles to the current Price and dates booked for the confirmed Preference(s).
Booking changes should be communicated in the first instant to email@example.com. Monastery Stays will provide specific instruction with regard to booking changes to ensure the efficient and reconciled amendment of the confirmed Travel Plan.
21. Booking changes in no way affect the Cancellation Policy stated in the Customer Terms & Conditions.
In these Terms & Conditions , these terms have the following meaning:
'Agent' - you, per acceptance of an Account with access to the Travel Agent Console at Monastery Stays.
'Monastery Stays' - www.monasterystays.com - Monastery Stays Pty Ltd ABN 48 075 875 133
'Travel Agent Console' - is the online facility offered to Travel Agents at Monastery Stays. The facility provides to approved Account holders, the process for the submission and management of Account specific bookings through the Monastery Stays Travel Plan booking service; and Advertising of Account holders Travel Agent services to visitors to Monastery Stays.
'Travel Plan' - the accommodation requirement configured by the Customer on www.monasterystays.com
'Preference'- a three (3) letter, three (3) digit identification code for a Monastery, as shown on www.monasterystays.com
'Customer' - you and/or the person(s) using the Agent services.
Join our Email List