Lose yourself in Siena, a Tuscan masterpiece!
Siena is universally known for its history, art, gorgeous landscape and proud culture and heritage. The historic centre of Siena was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995, cementing its position as a must-see destination for tourists travelling to Italy.
So come and see this stunning town with Monastery Stays, where a proud and colourful history combine with world famous events to create an experience you won’t forget!
Fascinating history, vibrant present
- Piazza del Campo – this unique shell shaped piazza is an outstanding example of medieval architecture. The Torre del Mangia watches over the square, where you can also visit palaces, restaurants and cafes. Twice a year on 2 July and 16 August, the square is transformed for the Palio di Siena, a horse race run between the various districts of the city. A true spectacle which brings the city alive!
- Via Camollia – this lively street is where the locals like to dine, with many great restaurants to choose from. Osteria Il Vinaio and Fonte Giusta are both highly recommended options.
- The Duomo of Siena – if the stunning facade doesn’t take your breath away, the opulent and detailed interior will! This 13th century masterpiece is adorned with mosaics and gargoyles on the outside, with marble, painting and more sculptures filling the inside.
- Pinacotaca Nazionale – one of the premier art galleries in Italy, wander the rooms of this converted palace to find scores of pieces by some of the finest artists to come out of Siena.
- Santa Maria della Scala – located opposite the duomo, this fascinating complex houses exceptional frescoes as well as an archaeological museum. Well worth at least a few hours.
Where to Stay?
Albergo Alma Domus (TOS114) is a perfect choice for your Monastery Stay in Siena. Walk five minutes from the guest house and you will find yourself in Piazza del Campo admiring the duomo – this guest house is a perfect base to explore the city. Restaurants, cafes, shops and a number of other notable attractions are also a short walk away from here.
Offering stunning views of Siena, this venue is well reviewed by guests, with the location, view, breakfast and friendly staff all highlights.
Siena is a popular choice, so be sure to book early – especially around July and August when the Palio is run!
Visit www.monasterystays.com to book guest house accommodation across Italy, Austria and Slovenia. Monastery Stays – established and trusted since 2006!